Monday, January 19, 2009

Back to the Future?

First of all; I apologize for the poor quality of the two pictures below, but I only had my iPhone at hand when I ran into this marvelous wholepiece in a small ski store this weekend. It seems like good old O'Neill has decided to become a real sartorialpiste, and the discovery really brings warmth to my heart. I especially like the post-World War II Western Art minimalism of the belt, as it reminds me of the early works of Donald Judd or Dieter Rams. Less is more, as van der Rohe so beautifully put it.  


I also took the opportunity to capture some of the details (picture below). I have to be honest and tell you that I've never heard of The Frozen Wave Cult before, but it sure looks like they know the game. I get the old-school Radical vibes from the 80's here, mixed with the new-school tones of the twentieth century's Eastern Europe. If anyone knows anything about this piece, please let me know. I have spent the day trying to find it on the Internet, but no luck so far.